What do you get when you mix a ‘just barely emotionally stable’ blogger with a crazy schedule? Well, let’s just say that the answer should accompany some really lengthy therapy sessions. And a massage.
Anyway, today I’m going to level with you. Life is nuts. It’s that simple. Here’s why:
1. My mother-in-law is moving back to Iowa from Virginia and will be living with us for as long as it takes. She needs a hip replacement. Please pray for her and our family as we make these adjustments. We are not easy people to live with. There are basically two volumes in our house, loud and louder. Seriously, pray. She’ll be here next week.
2. My baby turns 13 next week.
3. I am preparing to attend the Proverbs 31 She Speaks conference in North Carolina at the end of July. Last time I attended the writer’s track and took a book proposal, met with publishers, had my pride crushed, etc. This time I’m attending the speaker’s track and will give a 5 minute teaching in a peer group with a Proverbs 31 speaker for some constructive feedback. I don’t think of myself as a teacher…more as a sharer…so there’s some internal borderline hysterical laughter that hopefully will stay internal during those 5 minutes.
4. I want my mommy. My mommy lives about 2,000 miles away. It’s just not going to happen.
5. Our house is still for sale and I’m so over it.
So that’s who’s writing this morning. You might ask, “Why bother to write at all when things are so crazy?” Because I need to. Blogging is an inexpensive form of therapy and helps me stay consistent. And just maybe in the process of leveling with you, you’ll have the courage to level with someone else today. Because life gets crazy…crazier. It all depends on your level of crazy.
Here’s some good news though:
Yesterday I was reading in Revelations about when things on this earth as we know them have ceased. Jesus is coming back. He is. I don’t know about you, but I forget. I forget that the way things are right now is not the way they will always be. I don’t want to spend my life living for the future and miss what’s right in front of me, but when I get stressed out and feel overwhelmed it’s easy to allow myself to cozy up to hopelessness. Not a good place for me. The really good news is that I don’t have to wait until the rapture to not be overwhelmed and stressed out. Praise the Lord!
This year I’ve been trying to journal every day. It’s been hard and I’ve missed huge chunks of life, but yesterday I started reading through my journal. A lot has happened since last summer. God has been busy in our lives. Right in the middle of the chaos and the crazy, He has been faithful every single day. Even on the days where the brain fog was too thick to even string a sentence together…He was faithful.
He has been faithful. He is faithful. He will continue to be faithful. To me. To you.
What a tremendous relief!
I hope you’re having a great summer and that it’s not chaotic and crazy, but if it is, know that you’re not alone. The only way we’re going to make it through is with prayer. Please leave a comment. I’d love to pray for you. Thanks for stopping by!
AND…If you like beef enchiladas…I’ve posted a recipe over at my Real Life blog.These are hands down the best enchiladas I’ve ever made or eaten in my life. And I’ve eaten a lot of them. Enough said.